Crashes in the News - Thread

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Bill-Higdon

Hephaestus

Final report on the kamloops snowbird crash. If anyone finds the DND report I'd love to see it - seems I can only find articles.

Birdstrike - but center section not destroyed, should have been able to be cleared (but not enough altitude/time)

Lot of focus on pilots "Pull the handle" instead of "Eject! Eject! Eject!" - not the rules/procedures that put them into that situation.

BJC

HBA Supporter
That is a harsh reminder that a pilot needs to have pre-determined minimums for turning back to land and for initiating exiting with a parachute. Will note that my minimums for exiting have changed dramatically as I have gotten older and less adept at getting out of the airplane.

BJC

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I don't belive in that mantra anymore...we need lighter and more efficient aeroplanes...much more efficient.
Yeah... more pedals and solar panels are the answer.

We have no evidence that this crash of a 182 had anything to do with its weight and efficiency.

Can you draw some statistical or other connection (however tenuous) between weight/efficiency and safety, please? Also I would be interested to know whether you have ever piloted a 182 or any other powered aircraft, or received any sort of flight training which might inform your assertion.