Crashes in the News - Thread

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
If you watch enough cat videos, you will see some that swim.
And we have a cat that we named Nessie. She liked to jump in the shower. In her old age is content to just sit on the side of the tub and lick the curtain.

She is perfectly capable of shoving the contents of a small continent over the edge.........and sticking her tail hair in my trackball mouse.:mad:

choppergirl

Banned
Choppergirl's Flying Circus ★★☠★★ AIR-WAR.ORG
My friend's cat got waved off my desk the other day, knocked over my Realflight controller, and shattered a joystick gimbal into like 5 broken/split pieces. Disassembly and superglue to the rescue. It works again but with a bit of unwanted frinction no matter how much I oil it and try and wear away the friction with action. So gimbal protectors aren't just fancy rubbish.

~

A different kind of crash...

Demand for flights has collapsed across the globe amid growing fears about the outbreak.

Airlines are burning thousands of gallons of fuel flying empty 'ghost' planes so they can keep their flight slots during the coronavirus outbreak.

If the outbreak expands, which it's apt to do, obviously, such a wasteful practice can't continue indefinitely? We're talking non-renewable resources. Saner minds will prevail, surely.. or maybe not.

I'm not all that far from an interstate line from ATL Hartsfield International Airport, the busiest airport in the world and I'm thinking... an international airport would be a rapid vector for the spread of global pandemic virus on the heat map. A nearby military base with career soldiers coming back from being deployed in Asia is no benefit to my apocalypse survival chances either :-/ Where to continue to get my food supply if I cross Walmart and grocery stores off the list...

Last edited:

robertl

Two things, 1. we don't have animals in the house, so no torn up furniture or making the house a mess, but the chickens wreak havoc on the yard, but in exchange, we get plenty of eggs.
2. We are somewhat prrppers, we have a minimum 6 months supply of everything from paper producta to can food and water. You know from living in the South, if there's a chance of bad weather, people go nuts, well, we just kick back and carry on. No panic here.
Bob

Doggzilla

HBA Supporter
Regarding the chute deployment on the steam rocket, I'm sure that rocket hobbyists have figured out 17 reliable ways to do this automatically.
Does anyone know how many g's the rocket could do?
Apparently it grabbed onto a new set of stairs that had been installed between launches.

TFF

Big part of that 43 mil is the pay out the insurance company is loosing and insurance recovering their losses. They are throwing any loss they can in that pile like General Motors did. The magic of big business accounting.

Richard6

Two things, 1. we don't have animals in the house, so no torn up furniture or making the house a mess, but the chickens wreak havoc on the yard, but in exchange, we get plenty of eggs.
2. We are somewhat prrppers, we have a minimum 6 months supply of everything from paper producta to can food and water. You know from living in the South, if there's a chance of bad weather, people go nuts, well, we just kick back and carry on. No panic here.
Bob
Ah ha, no mention of any means to keep others from taking advantage or your prep.

2nd amendment anyone.