• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Craigslist

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

rv7charlie

Are you sure? The ad says it's a Sonix, whatever that is. I have no doubt there could very easily be more to this story, but I'd be somewhat leery of someone who wasn't even sure what plane they have.
If we were to judge based on grammar and spelling, hardly anyone who posts on the internet anywhere could be trusted. ;-)
Some of the best deals on ebay are found by searching with misspelled terms. I won the bidding on a Garmin 430W at $900 that way. Of course the seller then claimed it was 'no longer available', and reposted it the next day using a different ebay ID.

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
As I said, I had no doubt there could be more to the story, and I figured there probably was. Stuff like that does give me pause though, at least initially, and I'm not the only one.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
I am sure! I know that plane. It is a Sonex. I used to know the builder. I haven't seen him in 5 years since I moved. He never mastered take offs and landings in that airplane. It first flew around 2013 and I see it still only has 25 hours on it.
Do you think the take off and landing difficulty due to pilot skill or poor rigging if the aircraft?

Last edited:

Marc W

Good question! I don't know. He was flying a Citabria at the time. I expect the Sonex would be a little quicker.

delta

PITTS S2E - aviation - by owner - airplane aviation parts

Rowdy Yates

12notes

Lifetime Supporter
Log Member
I've been sitting on this one a few days, trying to work out money, time and where to keep it, but wasn't successful. No affiliation, but it looks to be a smoking deal though.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been sitting on this one a few days, trying to work out money, time and where to keep it, but wasn't successful. No affiliation, but it looks to be a smoking deal though.

No, sadly, that's about the going rate for an unfinished biplane sans engine or instruments. Maybe not a "smoking deal", but the flying wires alone, if in good shape, are probably worth more than the asking price.

Bill-Higdon

No, sadly, that's about the going rate for an unfinished biplane sans engine or instruments. Maybe not a "smoking deal", but the flying wires alone, if in good shape, are probably worth more than the asking price.
I suspect they mean drag & anti dragwhires not "flying wires" as the Mong is a strut braced wing design

Bille Floyd

Oh Jeez Billy... that Colt is going to take one honker of a thermal to stay up. That's gonna make a horrible motorglider :)
LOL !!!

Was in the back seat of a piper-cub, a few years back , and the
pilot asked if i wanted to fly ; asked, "him" to power back because
i didn't want to scare the guy, when i cored a thermal, and gained
4K with it. He was perplexed , that could even be done !!! 800 ft/min
lift ; is hard for me to , pass-Up !! :)

Bille

ssorell

Is there a reason every plane that's a good deal is located in California? I feel like this mystery involves a floating green orb and a corvette driving astronaut.