Quantcast

For Sale Craigslist

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kinner 5 Cyl Radial $6500

Your aviation friends will recognize when you're flying overhead, even if they're in quarantine and locked in their bedroom with a blindfold on !

Wow, imagine that on my Hatz... but if it's in running condition, something is seriously wrong with the $6500 price...

plncraze

HBA Supporter
Technically it is a MFI-9HB. Or maybe a BA-7. Look up Bjorn Andreasson. He worked at Corvair for awhile.

don january

Log Member
First thing to do if bought is look for a new oil cooler. Other then that looks to be a great start.

Bill-Higdon

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
I have a friend who was a lead !)(#*($* on the Predator drone program, based Stateside at !(#*&$# and being oeprated overseas in !)#*$&. They used the 914 engine, which is essentially a turbocharged 912. The turbo engine was operated at pretty high power levels, temperatures, etc. After 200 hours of hard use (8-12 hour missions with quick turnaround, high temps, pushing a heavy airplane around at high power) they did a full major overhaul. After the second 200 hours, they had determined that the wear and stresses and duty cycle on the engine made it too much of a risk to fly again, and the engines were removed. The majority of the engines were physically destroyed to reduce liability.

karmarepair

HBA Supporter
Now HERE's a strange one, a basket case Starduster 1 biplane apparently with retractable gear (OMFG!) Ain't nobody else gonna have one of these....

Homeless encampment furnishings shown in photo sold separately...

The German Shepherd is skeptical of the claim of retractable landing gear. Maybe there is a gear out of an old Mooney in that storage space, AS WELL AS, but not associated with the project?

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Thank you for posting that Roger, I have sent the guy a message wanting to buy just theplans and manual. I do not have much interest in building a Nieuport, but I want to see the tube and gusset construction details.