For Sale Craigslist

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Bille Floyd

Billy do you want a decent shaped glider pod to make a mold from... without driving from !)(#*$ Vegas to !(#*$ Charlotte???

I happen to have one from this sailplane, courtesy of BoKu's shop-cleaning several years ago. Supposedly, Bob even has a canopy for it somewhere in his vast vault of HP parts (you'll have to get that separately from him) . I am willing to loan you this fuselage pod at no cost. It even has an opening for the tailboom tube at the back, which is about the right size for a propeller to exit the rear of the pod :)

COOL !!
That would be a Way better option ; not to mention the
gas i'll save , driving from Las Vegas to LA , (instead of N Carolina).

Victor Bravo

That VP-1 has been advertised for $6500 on numerous regional Craigslist sites for at least 6 months that I've seen. This is the first price drop I've seen. I'm guessing 3 or 4 thousand in cash will haul it away. From the photos, it seems ilke this is reasonably well built, but I haven't seen it of course.

Apparently, even though it certainly doesn't look like a sportscar, I understand from Fritz and others that it handles just fine. A modest amount of aero cleanup and gap seals would probably yield a pretty fun little sportplane with decent performance.

Victor Bravo

COOL !!
That would be a Way better option ; not to mention the
gas i'll save , driving from Las Vegas to LA , (instead of N Carolina).

Come get it. If you act immediately, it comes with 5 pounds of free shop dust.

Whiteman Airport KWHP, San Fernando / Pacoima, CA at the intersection of Osborne St. and San Fernando Rd. across the street from the LAPD Foothill Station.

The only "cost" for this is that I'd like to have a "someday" opportunity to pull a part from whatever molds you make off of it.

Bille Floyd

It would be a winter project. I can get a good idea of how it
could be fit ; by taking your drawing to kinkos, and blow it
up a few feet !

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
SA Cavalier 102 - $2000 (central phoenix)
That same ad is running here in the DFW area, and has been posted longer:
SA Cavalier 102 - aviation - by owner - airplane aviation parts

I suppose there could be legitimate reasons for listing it elsewhere, but caveat emptor and all that....

robertl

That VP-1 has been advertised for $6500 on numerous regional Craigslist sites for at least 6 months that I've seen. This is the first price drop I've seen. I'm guessing 3 or 4 thousand in cash will haul it away. From the photos, it seems ilke this is reasonably well built, but I haven't seen it of course.

Apparently, even though it certainly doesn't look like a sportscar, I understand from Fritz and others that it handles just fine. A modest amount of aero cleanup and gap seals would probably yield a pretty fun little sportplane with decent performance.
Built in 1993 and only 52 hrs, hmmm, wonder what the problem is! I would really like to have a VP II.
Bob

bmcj

HBA Supporter
PRICE DROP VP-1 - "The San Diego Volksplane" asking price has finally dropped to $1000 less than originally posted. The asking price is still higher than what it can likely be bought for, but the fact that they dropped the advertised price means they are ready to negotiate.

Posting was deleted by its author.

karmarepair

HBA Supporter

Victor Bravo

Oh yes we do... there's a pretty great roadside BBQ joint a few miles south of Fresno on Highway 99 !

When my wife and I inherited The World's Most Spoiled Miniature Dachshund a couple of years ago in Fresno, we were looking for somewhere to eat and we found this little tourist trap and they had really good BBQ.

That's the sort of thing a true airport bum remembers. Don't bother me with the Airman's Information Manual, the FAR's, global warming, or some silly pandemic... I need to use my brain to remember where the BBQ joints are!

Then, last November HBA member SteveL and I stopped by that same joint on our way back from picking up the two UL/LSA airplanes I bought in Madera. Still good BBQ!

Maybe BMCJ knows of a better one in that area (or maybe a man of his caliber can do with nothing less than flying in to the Harris Ranch steak house). But if so, he's keeping it a secret !

Last edited:

Bille Floyd

@ crusty old aviator

So, How old do i need to get , to become a crusty old aviator ; is
67 enough, (or do i need more) ? :)

Bille

Victor Bravo

Do tell??? Which one is that? I know about Cattlemen’s, but I don’t think I’d call it a “roadside BBQ”.
My error, it's a smidge more than "a few miles"... I put the blame on COVID-19 for impaired brain function!

The place is Bravo Farms in Traver, CA, Exit 106A off Highway 99. Google says 34 miles south of the Sky Park.

crusty old aviator

@ crusty old aviator
So, How old do I need to get , to become a crusty old aviator; is
67 enough, (or do I need more) ? :)
“old” is a relative term, Bille.
When I was still in my teens, I was part of the EAA “old boy network” that ran the Oshkosh conventions. When Tom P. started to make it his own, he replaced us, one by one, with people closer aligned to his vision. But that doesn’t make me “old.”
I’m a few years younger than you, but after working on a plane for several hours, laying on my back on a gravel or dirt floor, or out in the grass, you get a bit crusty, and that can get pretty old, pretty fast. I shouldn’t have to explain the aviator part...at least I didn’t get cute with it, like a lot of license plates, and spell it AV8R...