For Sale Craigslist

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Derswede

Last edited:

TerryM76

HBA Supporter
I spit tea all over my keyboard when I saw Harley Davidson and 125 hp on the same data plate. I can't imagine a sub 100 hp engine trying to drag a 3000 pound plane around on the backside of the drag curve. The pooch pulling the Grinch's loaded sleigh came to mind.
That thing should be hanging from the ceiling of a Crackerbarrel or put the right wheels on it to run on that "twin silver line", sort of a steam-punk flying locomotive.

Derswede

Might have used a Buell engine, some of those do rather well in HP. 145 hp or so if I remember right.

And of course, I have to finish off with a joke.

How do we know that James Bond rode a Harley??

His martinis were always shaken, not stirred.

Wonder how long that STOL bird could handle the shaking of a V-Twin?
Derswede

Last edited:

Victor Bravo

TerryM76

HBA Supporter
This one was previously listed several months ago for $3000, I posted it on this thread, and now it's listed again at 2500. The engine alone is worth this price. Somebody will get a pretty good bargain here, unless it's all rusted to s**t and termite-eaten.

Stits Flut-R-Bug with A-65

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/avo/d/stits-flutterbug-project-and/7039123519.html
Hmmmm......VB, you know I need an A-65 for my Luscombe project......I would eventually go broke if I hang around you too much. Still need to sell property out here soon and then I can support my bad habits again.

fly2kads

HBA Supporter

TerryM76

HBA Supporter
Wow, that Iskra was a steal! I hope the winning bidder came through with real money.
Iskras really have a distinctive and appealing appearance compared to the other jet trainers we often see available......too bad I can't afford to feed it.....or maybe it's a good thing. It would be fun to just light it up and enjoy that mellow turbine sound and smell. I'm sure my neighbors would love it too...

Turd Ferguson

Here's an unusual find...mobile aircraft hangars!
https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/avo/d/princeton-port-port-hangars/7038149307.html
I have seen these from a distance while going to and from the state park nearby. I didn't realize they could be hitched up and hauled off! Sounds like they need to be moved soon. If I had a place to park one, I would take a closer look.
I had a Port-o-Port hangar for several yrs. in the '90's. It was a pretty good shelter. They can't be towed very far (maybe to the other side of the airport) but can be disassembled and loaded on a truck or trailer. The framework bolts together. Those springs on the center overhead door break with regularity but I found the company that took over parts support and they seem to have an unlimited supply of springs.

Turd Ferguson

Iskras really have a distinctive and appealing appearance compared to the other jet trainers...
They are tough too. Many years ago we pulled one out of a muddy bean field with a tow strap and a 4x4 pickup. The owner had made a forced landing after flaming the engine out doing acro and put it in a freshly planted field. We winched it up on a flatbed truck and towed it about 10 miles to the airport, washed off 50# of mud, gave it an inspection and found it was good to go. There was no damage. I've never seen a Temco TT Pinto jet up close so I'm curious if the Iskra is a carbon copy or was beefed up in any way other than engine power.