Quantcast

Craigslist today..

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Holy cow! That VP-2 for sale for $600 is in the next town over from where I'll be July 4th weekend. I may ask if I can see it and take some pics. At $600 even if it was in such bad shape that only the fittings could be salvaged it would be worth it. Sadly, I can't fit it in my luggage. ;-)

choppergirl

Banned
Cluttonfred, we should go in on that VP-2 together. I scrape up the money somewhere and you get a trailer and go pick it up. Massachusetts is on the wrong end of the country for me. Diamond in the rough! We paint Home Built Ariplanes on the big fish, and paint "jet liner" on the little fish.

She's fugly, but how can one pass up an airplane with a big fish swallowing a little fish on the side... you don't see that every day. I would think the VP would be the little fish though... $600 bucks, she's worth it for the engine and prop alone... er... maybe!

My sister once told me the same thing for my 1981 Datsun 280z... $600 bucks, she's worth it for the alluminum rims alone! Nothing but headaches and a wore out everything on that one...

Cough sputter rrrreeerr.... reeerrrrr... rerrr... bump bump bump... purr...

I think HomeBuiltAirplanes needs at least one community owned airplane... pass it around to each other to fly, fly around the country from one person to the next, and repair up like the village bicycle

The VP-2 is two seater, so potential is there to teach some of these HBA paper napkin sketch artist dreamers to fly in. Some of these guys are forking out thousands of bucks just to do that. Maybe one of the expert old Elmer home brew airplane builders here would get a hold of it and give it a sexy fashion makeover...

Evan's Volksplane 2 - Pilot Report

Only rule will be to pass it on to the next person to fly, as good as or better than you found it.

You can't buy it, and you can't sell it, and you can't hold on to it forever...
when your time is done, the traveling HBA airplane is on to teach the next dreamer how to fly...

...like the traveling garden gnome in Amelie...

(Amelie steals her dad's garden gnome, gives it to an airline stewardess friend to take around the world, in a bid to get her dad to get out of the house in his retirement, and take a vacation to... anywhere).

Last edited by a moderator:

TerryM76

HBA Supporter
I never did find the Skycoupe overly attractive but it does look like converting it to a genuine taildragger might be a possibility. The fuselage structure and salvageable wing parts are probably worth a few hundred dollars and there should not be significant corrosion since residing in AZ. William Wynne has used one as a flying test-bed for a turboed Corvair.