• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Cozy 540RG, and previous builds (Quickie, Cozy III).

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cozyflier

I have been flying my latest project for five year and have approximately 500 hours logged. This is my third Rutan design that I have completed and I wanted something a bit out of the ordinary. I decided to incorporate a number of changes to enhance the performance. The major changes compared to a stock Cozy are large engine (Lycoming I0-540), fully retractable landing gear (drag reduction), stretched fuselage, enlarged fuel tanks and use of carbon material for the increased speeds and induced "G" loads. Performance figures are a step up from the per plans built designed Cozy. Economy cruise - 200 kts, wide open throttle - 244 kts, range - 1300 nm, empty weight -1333, gross weight - 2333, rate of climb - hold on, service ceiling - tested to 25,000. It is a real joy to fly and has the same mannerisms as the per plans Cozy.​

DSC00242.jpgDSC00250.jpgDSC00254.jpgDSC00258.jpgDSC00265.jpgDSC00251.jpg

DSC00261.jpgDSC01828.jpgScan8_0008.jpgDSC00211-1.jpg
pencil.png

Attachments

• DSC00252.jpg
    DSC00252.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 3,997
Last edited:
Back