• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Could a BMW K100 engine be airworthy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oriol

Hi everyone!

I think Hegger dynamics is the only company selling a roadable aircraft, 2 axis.
It s a current yamaha quad with what it seems to be a centrigugal clutch for the prop, I guess
they put the engine on neutral for flight.

db_ATA-Deesberg_0071.jpgHPIM2059.JPG

I would like to try something like that with a BMW K100 engine. Maybe It works with too much RPM to put the engine on neutral?

Can I try to fly with the second or third gear on to reduce the RPM so that I don t have to use a reduction gear saving a bit weight?

Thank you very much for your answers!
icon7.png

Oriol

Back