• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Cougar project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjensen

I was going to restore the Cougar, but space is at a premium, and I need to keep moving on the Tailwind...For sale is my Nesmith Cougar airplane project. Originally completed and flown in 1982, this air-frame has about 41 hours of flight time on it and has been recently completely stripped of its covering by me. It is very well built, and it includes the main 26 gallon fuel tank, 9 gallon auxiliary fuel tank, and many skins that can be repainted or used for patterns for new skins. The fuselage is fabric covered and the wings need to be fiberglassed over the wood. Everything is in good shape, no accidents. You are essentially buying a quickbuild airframe and wings. The "glass" comes with it for patterns as all of it is crazed beyond use from sitting in the desert southwest for many years. The instrument panel, seats, and many interior panels, and floors are included, as is the firewall. The engine mount is for a Lycoming conical mount engine, and has Wittman gear tubes, no landing gear is included. The wings are wired with nav lights. The wing struts are in perfect shape and the wings do fold for trailering. The Cougar is a fast, two seat, cross-country airplane that can take engines from 125-160hp. Get a great start on a great airplane project! The original plans less the rib drawing (not needed) are included as well, however, no build log is present.

Sold

Cougar3.jpgCougar5.jpgCougar6.jpgCougar8.jpgCougar11.jpgCougar1.jpg

Last edited:
Back