• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Corvair suppliers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Aldridge

Okay I guess I'll try and do this like it is a sticky.

I will also try and update this to reflect any other links posted. Please list any comments you have on service and whatnot. Also very help to know is if they are aircraft friendly or not.

Ready to Fly Engines

FlyCorvair.com The recognized authority on Corvair conversions

Owner: William Wynn (WW)

Mr. Wynn wrote the conversion manual most often referred to when discussing converting a Corvair into a flight engine, and frequently holds workshops called Corvair Colleges around the country for people who are building Corvair flight engines.

In addition to the manual he also offers ready to fly engines and most if not all of the parts needed such as prob hubs and motor mounts.

Mr. Wynn is somewhat hard to get a hold of, but orders are processed in a timely manner.

Magnificent Machine LLC

A custom Machine shop that offers the MagVair engine.

Complete Engine Cores Available
see this page for info on usable cores

LS Corvair Parts

West Coast Corvair dealer, with large selection of parts and engines.
Very aircraft friendly.

Dave Thompson the guy I spoke with picked up really quick that I was going to put the engine in a plane and assured me that they are very airplane friendly. He says that he has worked with William Wynn to come up with a gasket kit specifically for flight engines.

Regarding rebuildable cores he says that they will strip the engine of any accessories used only for cars in order to bring the cost down(have to ask for this). An unknown engine that the crank can be turned with a wrench is $250. He guestimated that shipping from California to Idaho would be about $150.

He was also kind enough to send me a couple spreadsheets with required parts for the conversion.

The Vair Shop

Owner: Larry Claypool

They are aircraft friendly. He knew immediately when I said I needed a specific kind of engine that it was for an airplane.

$250 for a used rebuildable engine with a $50 crating fee. Also offers disassembled engines for $150.

Parts and Services

Clark's Corvairs

Only source of the OT-10 cam recommended by WW. (part #C8800R)

Sell parts only no complete engines used or otherwise.

Moldexcrankshaft.com

The only shop recommended by WW to nitride crankshafts.

Fifth Bearings

Roys Garage and Fabrication

Offers fifth Bearing in addition to custom machining.

fly5thbearing.com

Dan Wesemans website for his fifth Bearing

Builder Websites

Mark Langford's KR2S

Last edited:
Back