• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Core materials for resin infusion with best strength to weight ratio for use with compound curves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoFairing

I am looking to build an extremely aerodynamic light weight velomobile fairing with compound curves.

I can't use Nomex Honeycomb since the holes will fill up with resin.

Searching has not revealed the best possible appropriate resin infusion core material so I have to ask.

Ideally a material that can conform to compound curves and is about 9mm thick for high stiffness and most importantly work with resin infusion.

Layup will be:
200g Carbon Twill
Core material about 9mm
200g Carbon Twill
60g Aramid (carbon splinter protection)

This has been bothering me so thank you if you can help me find the best appropriate core material.

Back