Corby Starlet

Discussion in 'Workshop Tips and Secrets / Tools' started by local brass, Jun 23, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jun 23, 2019 #1

local brass

local brass

local brass

Does anyone know if the Corby Stalet people in Florida are still in business ? I live in central Fl. But I can't seem to get in contact with them ?

2. Jun 23, 2019 #2

Gary Green

Gary Green

Gary Green

I know her.
    I bought a set of plans from them and will start building the CJ 1 in September 2019.

3. Jun 23, 2019 #3

MikePousson

MikePousson

MikePousson

No. They are not selling plans. The husband passed away a couple of years ago and his widow is not continuing the business. She still had some of the manufactured steel parts (hinges, etc) available last year, but may be all gone now. I think the name was Pat? Boyce.
    Join the yahoo usergroup Corby Starlet. You might get some up to date info about John Corby. But I think that’s a dead end also.

4. Jun 24, 2019 #4

n45bm

n45bm

n45bm

IMG_0612.JPG IMG_0612.JPG IMG_0612.JPG
    Huh, no. Plans are still available thru the designer, John Corby. He's still alive and kicking, but he's not much into emails, both reading and answering them. Best bet is to join the Corby Starlet yahoo group and ask some of the Aussie members to make contact with John and ask about a new set of drawings. My old set is getting pretty tattered since I've had mine since the late 70's. Persistence will pay off, keep trying. Picture of mine to whet your appetite.