Quantcast

Corby Starlet Plans Wanted

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Lon

I'm looking for a set of Corby Starlet plans. Anyone have a set they are willing to sell?

Thanks,

Lon

simflyer

I'm looking for a set of Corby Starlet plans. Anyone have a set they are willing to sell?
Thanks,
Lon
If You're looking for plans to build , then rather look at Brugger Colibri - more stable, flying with cheaper VW engines.

Attachments

Reactions: BJC

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moderator note: Link to pirate copy of plans deleted. Please do not post copyrighted material here, unless you are the copyright owner.

aripilot

If You're looking for plans to build , then rather look at Brugger Colibri - more stable, flying with cheaper VW engines.
Go for Starlet. My absolute favorite small airplane. Have been test flying (real test flying) two Starlets. One with VW, one with Jabiru. If you can choose between MB 600 and bicycle, which one you choose? 70+ airplanes flown so far, biggest MD-11. 😉

simflyer

Go for Starlet. My absolute favorite small airplane. Have been test flying (real test flying) two Starlets. One with VW, one with Jabiru. If you can choose between MB 600 and bicycle, which one you choose? 70+ airplanes flown so far, biggest MD-11. 😉
Ari, congrats to collecting so many types. You're probably instructor, so I could expect You could judge how fit novice pilot to Corby Starlet. That's why I suggest choose Colibri, as it is newer (nicer) and more kind and stable plane. We have to ask Lon, about his builder/pilot experience, budget, engine, expected use of plane ... to give good advice. Now, at start, is Colibri better choice.

TurbAero

Lifetime Supporter
What engine in that Starlet?

Apparently not a VW.

BJC
The original Starlet and many of the early ones were built with a VW derivative. A lot of the more recent ones, in Australia at least, are using the Jabiru 2200 which seems to be a good match for the airframe.

For those that do not want to build out of wood, an all metal version has been developed and is available as a kit. It is called the Kestrel.

Corby Kestrel

n45bm

I kinda like mine, n45bm.

Attachments