Cool New Canard Designs

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

canardlover

Turned out very nice! Solid laminate part 70 inches by 22 inches at widest point consisting of 2 plys of 670 gsm ,12K carbon twill is both very rigid and considerably light at 58 ounces. This amounts to approximately half of the area of the "floor" of the fuel cell and must sustain the pressure from the weight of nearly 50 gallons of Jet A in the case of the turbine versions.

TurbAero

Lifetime Supporter
Well done Jeff to get your display to SNF. That was a very positive article above and it would certainly be very cool to see a mini turbine class at Reno. I’m definitely one who is keen to see your aircraft flying later this year. For the go-fast and efficiency enthusiasts (your product range covers both these aspects), your aircraft will be very welcome.

delta

Just so's you know... There's a few of us on here that wouldn't sign onto facebook even if they could find their password. It seems there aught to be some way to modify your settings where anyone could view without signing in. Good luck with that too.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Great looking aircraft!

The photos of people sitting in it at SnF show some sort of a seam or join line. looks like a raised ridge, on the side of the fuselage. I'm hoping that raised ridge is not going to be there permanently???

I'm glad that you are getting good press coverage on this project, congratulations. As with any public relations effort, just don't put all of your eggs in one basket, especially the basket mentioned in post 110 above. There's some history with one of the folks involved (that you may not know about, but should become familiar with if you're going to be in the kitplane industry).

We're frequently asked by the moderators to avoid discussing those details on this forum, for good reason, and I'll leave it at that.