• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Continental IO-550 / IO-520 Engine core

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reiff

Continental IO-550 / IO-520 core, including crankcase, crankshaft, cylinders, oil cooler, and starter motor. Not in working condition. May not be serviceable. Perfect for use as a mock-up engine, A&P training, or as a placeholder during aircraft construction.

I purchased this run-out engine core to aid in constructing my aircraft. It allowed me to install the engine mount, fit the cowl, run oil lines, install control cables, and get 2 years of construction done without worrying about dust, corrosion, or running out an engine warrantee.

No warrantee, no data plate, no log books, no fuel pump, no induction tubes, no throttle body, no valve covers, no exhaust manifold. Location: Dayton, Ohio. Buyer is responsible for transportation. Seller can provide and pack the engine core in a freight-ready shipping container.

More photos and bidding are here:
Continental IO 550 IO 520 Engine Core Crankcase Crankshaft Cylinders | eBay

WP_20150419_15_27_28_Pro.jpg
WP_20150419_15_28_14_Pro.jpg

Back