• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Conti A65 and flange crank for same

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derswede

I've given up on getting the bird I had been wanting....last one had major fuselage rot. Now have snagged a Hawk which will need a bit of repair, so need to fund that and more dual time to get back current. I had snagged a nice Continental 65 from an A&P which had come out of his T-Craft, replaced with a C-85 he had rebuilt. The engine in my warehouse at my company in the town of Kernersville, NC (near Greensboro, 1.5 hrs north of Charlotte). I am asking $3500 for the engine. I also have a rebuildable Lycoming O-145 which I will let go for $1000.

I'd rather keep them, but business has been poor this year (Duh!) and so must use what I have to finance flying. Please PM me if you have any questions. For cost, I can crate the engine for shipping...in wood. Several truck lines are nearby, so I can quote delivered price as well. There is a flanged 85HP Conti crankshaft available as well.

Well, have the logs for the Conti 65....626 hours, removed to install a fresh engine he had. Reported 1 Qt oil burn every 5 hrs flt. time. Engine was reported running well at time of removal. Engine was pickled and stored in a heated garage. Has mags and carb as well. This engine has a Flange crankshaft installed as well. The Lycoming has been sitting for a few years pickled, the owner did inspect it and said little wear, his comment to me was that he would have no problem flying behind it. Came out of a Lyc. powered T-Craft. Spare crank is from same source, he said it had never been ground. Can mike the journals if you know what stock is.

Photos available via email.

Derswede

Back