• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Considering your experience..., what is cheaper/better in the end?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leviterande

Hi everyone, I am trying to find a suitable 15hp engine and a suitable redrive(hopefully!). The engine will be from a used place or somewhere else. The redrive is the bigger problem though. Where and how to make it all?. I dont know for sure, but it seems extremely hard to do it all.(first finding the parts for building a redrive, connect them, and than find a way to connect the redrive to the engine without forgetting the fatigue, stress, loads and bending moments) So do you think it is really just worth to buy a finished new engine with redrive like the radne 120 for 1700$?(this is the cheapest but is still expensive:whistle:)?

So why did I want suddenly to buy a finished unit? yes, for the expected crazy hassle and above all this scenario:

I imagined myself in the future tinkering with an old malfunctioning redrive+ engine unit that I just want to know how to work out with lots of money wasted on it and lost of things that are going south...

So, could this be the case?. Is it worthless to try and build everything by yourself if you dont have a proper workshop? or am I just pessimist? I want the cheapest way you know like everybody else...

Thanx

EDIT: ops, I realized I posted in the wrong thread, I wanted to post the Auto Conversions area. I am really not sure where is the best place to post this.

Last edited:
Back