Concepts only: Doodles without numbers

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

EzyBuildWing

Opal Facet (modified).....fins are larger and raked, and airframe is turbo-jet powered...... easy access to turbo-jet engine through upper hatch....enables easy endless-tinkering.
Also gets it into the family of other twin-tail a/c, namely F-15, Mig 29, Su-27, Su-32, Blackbird, etc
Twin-fin version looks racier, I think.......also would pull more crowds when standing on the Ramp!
Kids would be more impressed with twin-fins.....and doubtless queue-up to sit in it and start-up and ground the jet engine.....maybe even taxi it a bit!
Hey, sitting in this imaginative futuristic simple-airframe might even motivate more kids to get into aviation.....

Facet Opal with raked tails and Jet engine 30th Oct 2021.png

Opal facet single fin 30th Oct 2021.png

Riggerrob

Riggerrob. here's the Photo of the German Aircraft similar to that Russian Design, still can't remember the name, but always like that design approach.
George
That white airplane is the civilian version of the RFB Fan Trainer. The engine is mounted behind the cockpit and it turns a 5 or 7 blade fan inside that narrow-chord duct. The civilian version differs in having side-by-side seating for a pair of pilots. The civilian cockpit was designed by Luigi Colani - who is more of an artist than an engineer - and is one of Colani's few designs that looks airworthy. I don't know if the civilian version ever flew. OTOH Rhein Flugzeugbau sold 200 Fan Trainers to the Royal Thai Airforce.

AJLiberatore

New Russian pusher can drive along the road with wings folded.....reminds me of the Breezy Bubble Plane which had a Bell 47 bubble on the front, and the Edgeley Optica...... vid is in Russian....

R.R. Something about this bird, I like the looks of it.

I'd love to know why the lower keel, aka flow into the prop etc, is it better than the average pusher. I should pull out my paper and pencil sketch of an almost low wing along the same lines design that had those with accessibility issues in mind. Much larger doors for sure....

Lendo

Riggerrob, Looking aback on another design The New Zealand SNARK (can't forget that name), it has same issues being on a similar design. I notice the Russian Aircraft moves the Main Landing Gear (MLG) forwards for take-off and when the wings are folded the MLG move rearward for stability (so it doesn't tip backwards). The SNARK has exactly the same issue, but doesn't have to contend with the reward movement of the Wing weight.
Interesting!
George

EzyBuildWing

Yes BJC, a small jet-powered Opal Facet airframe would have minimal range and flying time......might have to revert to Aixro ICE Wankel to get some range, turbine-smoothness and performance.....