• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Complete Mazda 3 rotor 20B engine and accesories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucrum

I've decided to scrub the ducted fan idea and convert a GE T58 turbo shaft engine into a direct thrust engine instead.
Consequently I'd like to sell my 20B engine, preferably as a complete package with accessories and numerous engine instruments. Most aircraft grade quality.
Serial number of the engine is A991. It has been completely rebuilt. Twice in fact, the first time compression was sub par. The only parts original are the rotors shaft and housings. All seals and bearings are new along with a new fuel rail. There are two submersible electric fuel pumps new RC 550 CC fuel injectors and Tracy's EC3 computer. New water pump new oil pump new 90 psi oil pressure regulator. Two radiators two inter coolers and two oil coolers all new. Turbo is a 76mm compressor oil and water cooled. Stock exhaust manifold was removed and replace with custom 321 SS professionally TIG welded. It has a cockpit controllable waste gate and blow off valve. I'm including a few pics but will gladly supply more from whatever angle interested parties want. Installed weight as is would have been 500 lbs.
I had intended to boost/run it up to 450 shp at 6,500 rpm. Higher RPM's would yield much more hp if you're not concerned with engine life as I was.
This engine has not been run since the rebuild. It failed to start during the first attempts. Turns out Tracy mis programmed the EC originally. This has been corrected but the project had already slowed to a snails pace for other reasons since before getting it back from him. So I ended up never trying to start it again. As far as I know it only needs a fuel source and it should fire right up.

At the moment I'm soliciting offers as I haven't fixed a firm price yet. If there is insufficient interest in the complete package I will sell it piece mill at some point.
I'm going to put this on Ebay and the RX7 forum after a bit as well for as much exposure as possible. Engine has been inside my garage from the get go. It was imported from Japan as is after being removed from an auto. Located north of Atlanta, GA for anyone interested in viewing it first hand.

coils2.jpg 3.jpgEngine Instrument Wiring.jpgengine weigh.jpgTurbo Top View.jpgt76.gifTest Stand.jpgSide view front cover installed.JPG

Back