• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W.M.Patrick

i am a mustang 11 builder and pilot, and have thought over what I
would like in my next project. improve visability-by ssitting ahead of the wing- reduce noise level- auto engine - and it boils down to two
designs. a pusher design with tandem seating and twin booms to the
tail. frontal area 28" x 42". engine hp. 300 at 500#engine wt.
The other option was a tractor design with auto engine the same and
frontal area 48" X 42". Engine behind the spar like P-39.
Question is where the prop inefficiency of the pusher would be made up for by less frontal area. Or the tractor design would outperform the
pusher. Can anyone give me their ideas on this ??

Back