• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Compact Low Volt warning lamp interest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skydawg

Because my V8 engine on our C172 requires electrical power to keep the prop turning, we designed multiple layers of redundancies, most are in the software that controls the engine. But we wanted a self-contained big red idiot light that would illuminate if voltage from either battery drops below a set minimum. We developed the light circuit a bit more to do a couple of other things like flash if norm battery limits were exceeded, eventually having a small circuit made about the size of a dime. You can wire it in pretty much anywhere. Depending on how many I order, cost would likely be $60-$75. We are adding a few other features to it but nowhere ready to say those functions are proven yet, so it will just work as described below.

The thing works great and has proven reliable over the past 1.5 years of flight testing, including sub zero temps overnight and induced over voltage spikes and intentional shorts. It cost a lot less to order in quantity, so wondering if other builders would find it useful. Right now only the 12V version is programmed, but I can do a 24V if there's enough interest. You can see the thing in action on the corsairV8.com website, and I am pasting a page from the Corsair POH supplement manual below that details its operations. Let me know if you might be interested. I am not in the business of selling this stuff so I won't be able to offer much of a warranty other than it will work on delivery, but will try my best. I will know more on cost once I get an idea of quantity.

1638579466993.png

light will flash below 11.8V and above 15.0V

Back