Comfortlite seat

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Colin.macd

I couldn’t find any pireps on the comfortlite seat by freebird innovations.
But I got one and have it installed.
It replaced an old modified c-150 seat.
5E6E05E1-5C8E-4C5F-851D-9C81D1E58B6F.jpeg
it took a little backwoods engineering to mount it in right place, but the flat base makes for a lot of options.
0B8B8014-D329-4F6D-8FA1-2C4C97A9B955.jpeg11F05038-8228-4E19-AF35-1A307E30963D.jpeg
turned out much nicer and most importantly it is very comfortable and light.
So if you are looking for a seat like this , I would highly recommend it

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the review, it looks nice. Some questions:
1) What's the total weight as it is installed?
2) Did they provide an estimate of the load it would accommodate before the frame collapses?

Comment: Some energy absorbing material under that seat could weigh very little and make a big difference in a flat impact, though that horn sticking up from the elevator push-pull tube might be unwelcome.

It looks very nice, thanks again.

Colin.macd

Thanks for the review, it looks nice. Some questions:
1) What's the total weight as it is installed?
2) Did they provide an estimate of the load it would accommodate before the frame collapses?

Comment: Some energy absorbing material under that seat could weigh very little and make a big difference in a flat impact, though that horn sticking up from the elevator push-pull tube might be unwelcome.

It looks very nice, thanks again.
The seat itself weighs 5.9 lbs
I didn’t weigh the old seat bottom and back but I think I gained maybe a pound or so.
The picture shows the seat in the fully back position. Normal flying location is about 6” more forward. So the horn you mentioned, actually that is where the rear stick goes, is not a problem