• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Collaboration?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVSUSteve

I think I asked this once before but the project was shelved before it went anywhere due to other things coming up on my end that took precedence. I am getting to a point where I have more free time to get back to working on a design but the same issue creeps up.

Those of you who have spoken with me privately, many of you at least, know that I happen to have a math learning disability. It does not impact my ability to do research since I can understand the concepts and rely on statistical analysis software to do the actual calculations. I cannot exactly do that with the structural analysis of an aircraft design and I am not willing to bet my life that I got it right (let alone the lives of anyone else) even if it is something that I have another person look over.

Would any of you be interested in collaborating on the design of a new light aircraft that is designed to be as safe as possible while still practical. The current plan is for a metal tube fuselage with wood wings and tail. This mix of materials is simply because I would rather build with wood. The basic layout is complete more the most part and many of the systems have been laid out to a decent degree (figuring that it helps to know weights and placement before working on structural detail design).

I could really benefit from having someone who is more experienced with structural analysis help me out. I can handle most of the other aspects-- although, as has happened before, I will be picking many of your brains for things related to engines, electrical, and aerodynamics-- but the structural detail work is something that I keep stumbling on.

Back