• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

coil on plug vs coil wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slociviccoupe

anyone know of any coils that will snap on the end of the sparkplag for coil on plug use and not be a coil stick like what fits down tubes in the cylinder head of most automotive engines for coil on plug installations. ive searched google and found nothing. i know a mount and bracket would have to be made to support the coil, but really don't want to run coil wires for the chance of them breaking down, coming off, added resistance. just piece of mind if i could just put the coil at the end of the plug and make a bracket to support the coil.

not wanting to run the ls1 coils as their not designed for the firing and timing of a rotary engine, great coils and cheap but have known to break down even on the engines it was designed for.

my ecu can either run the coil directly or run a cdi. so coils can either be 2 wire needing an ignitor or cdi or coils with built in cdi's. the mercury marine coils are looking promising but don't know if they can be mounted on the end of the plug.

here is the new mercury marine coils, don't know what they come on engine wise but looks promising.
Mercury Marine coils now available!
can be ordered by different part number with internal ignitor or without.

Back