• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

CNC tube cutter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac790

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I am very interested in building/buying a CNC tube cutter.
My ideal would be a simple XZ cutting head, with a rotary axis. But I would like to take it up a notch by having automatic feeder (with servo controlled roller) so that all the pieces can be cut to size/shape, all out of full length tubing.
Anyone seen this done?

Sounds interesting, but personally I've never seen a homemade CNC tube cutter, I've seen 3/5 axis routers, 3 axis plasma cutters, but nothing like that.

In my local area they have something like that http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/f...-official-tube-notching-thread.html#post47916 ( you have to watch it on youtube page) it might be a good idea to see one of those cutters in close, but it will be more complicated to build than simple 3 axis CNC router.

btw Y -axis might be also helpful just in case if you have to make cuts like in the attachment

Seb

Attachments

• cuts.jpg
    cuts.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,588
Last edited:
Back