• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

CM, CMsub0, CMsub0.25 ad infinitum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norman

I've been working on a spreadsheet to calculate some numbers that I'm interested in. One formula I'm using requires CM and assumes that it will be CMsub0.25

This is fine as long as I'm using section data generated by the Eppler code. Since I don't have access to much of that I'd like to include a conversion factor so the spreadsheet can work with data from a variety of sources. Anyone know what such a conversion formula might look like?

I've attached the spreadsheet with the example data from the web site where I got that part of the formula. If I used this as the test data I would not have noticed the error. Fortunately I used the N-9M and section data that was generated by Xfoil/profili. Using that data the twist prediction was off by a factor of 8.

Last edited:
Back