Quantcast

Closed Circuit TV

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Sticky1

Yes, I have 4 cameras with a quad splitter and a DVR for recording. I can't see behind me on the ramp untill I flip on the camera. Works Great!! The rear camera is also underwater when in the water. Makes for some great video, takeoff's and landings. I have a couple of good videos on photobucket but I can't figure out how to just post the video and not the rest of the picts.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff213/1sticky1/?action=view¤t=LastTime.flv

Last edited:

Alan Waters

I was thinking more along the lines of being able to see that King Air thats coming up behind you at 200 knots on autopilot and being able to take evasive action.

autoreply

I was thinking more along the lines of being able to see that King Air thats coming up behind you at 200 knots on autopilot and being able to take evasive action.
Well, this has been tried a bit. The problem is that you won't see it till it's too late (unless taxiing).
On a motorcycle/car you're typically looking in your mirrors every half minute or so. For a king air you'd be able to spot it from what, 2 miles distance? Then you need a hefty zoom and some automated scanning processor that recognizes aircraft, like the F14 has.

The only practical use of a system without zoom or automatic recognition I can think of is formation flying and thermalling (gliders)

LArzfromarz

A more practical and available solution that I like is the Zaon Flight Systems - Home PCAS system. Gives plenty of notice if PIC is awake and you can have stand alone MRX or XRX, or XRX can display on most glass panel stuff or GPSs.
Is it perfect, show me anything that is...
L

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Keep your head on a swivel. The systems Larz mentions are pretty good, too, but nothing is a substitute for looking around with your own eyeballs. If you're up at the altitude where the King Air's play, ask for flight following and let their radar do the work for you.