"Click Bait" here on HBA???

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Aerowerx

I have never scrolled all the way down to the bottom of a thread screen, until now.

There is "click bait" down there!:eek: I thought we were immune from that!

akwrencher

HBA Supporter
I just disabled sidebar, below disable advertising, and they went away. I'm on Android 8.

Aerowerx

Are you talking about ads? If so, you can completely disable them. If not, could you be more specific?
Not adds.

There are pictures with titles such as:

Hyundai is Gearing Up to Release and American-Made Pickup Truck

4 Finance Tips You Should Know Before Buying a Car

Kyle Busch Wins His Second Nascar Cup Championshiop

Officials ID Victims of Fatal Marines Motorcycle Crash

Chris In Marshfield

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I just disabled sidebar, below disable advertising, and they went away. I'm on Android 8.
Yes, that works. As long as you don’t mind losing the function of the sidebar. It seems as though it’s stuffed into the sidebar code, managed separately from the show/hide ads settings.

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Yes, that works. As long as you don’t mind losing the function of the sidebar. It seems as though it’s stuffed into the sidebar code, managed separately from the show/hide ads settings.
I'm still not seeing anything like you guys are describing. Try playing with the ad preferences settings. If that doesn't work, there are always ad-blockers. I'm not privy to the advertising decisions on the site, so I don't have a clear answer to what's going on.

akwrencher

HBA Supporter
I guess I never used it, it's below on my phone, and I'm just not in the habit of it. Didn't even see the click bait until it was pointed out!

Chris In Marshfield

HBA Supporter
Log Member
That’s the same place I see it. And in the sidebar on the home page. If it doesn’t fit in the sidebar, it flops beneath the content. Ad blockers will block it on the desktop. On mobile devices, you’ll have to turn of the sidebar to make it disappear, it seems. No ad blockers there.

short story, it’s avoidable with an extra click.

12notes

Lifetime Supporter
Log Member
The clickbait articles are advertisements. On the modern web, we all won't see the same ads, they will be targeted towards individuals (with random degrees of accuracy). This will vary greatly depending on what sites you visit, and also how much effort you put into not being tracked. It's intrusive, and mitigating it is definitely inconvenient, but it is how the world works at the moment.

Last edited: