• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Clear Douglas Fir at Lowe's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chintonmd

I found 42 2x4's (8ft) of 100% clear Douglas Fir at Lowe's for $3.24 each. They were at the bottom of a full stack of lumber on one of the overhead racks. I waited over a month for them to bring the stack down. The stack on the right contains boards that will meet the mil spec after a bit of saw work. The ones on the left have problems. I got a quote recently for 1" CDF 1x4's that was somewhere between $2 and $4 per lineal foot!!! At those prices this stack would cost between $1400 and $2700... and I bought it for $136!!! Our wood comes from Idaho.

This was labeled as "Select Whitewood"

DFir1.jpgDFir2.jpg

Last edited:
Back