• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

cleaning up t-88

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skybound

So when I mix it for the plane, I wear gloves and have a paper towel handy to keep the mess contained.

But today I got another shipment of t-88 from amazon... and it was a HUGE mess. A good amount leaked out of the bottles and mixed together and its all around gross, sticky, and some of it is hardened on the bottles.. Can I clean it off the bottles? What will get through the epoxy but not the bottles? I used acetone to get what was on my hands off, and that barely worked. Should I just wrap them in plastic wrap and call it good enough? I use my crockpot to warm the epoxy for use, so I'd like the outside of the bottles to be clean (yes, I also cook in that crockpot, yes I am a single male)

Also, what sort of stores should I look in to find it locally? After this and the first shipment was a bit gross, I'd rather get it off a shelf where I can make sure its clean - even if that means paying a premium for it. I see woodcraft and rockler have the 1/2 pint on the shelves, but nothing larger.

Back