• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale Cleaning out the hangar MM1, O-320

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

JDub

I have a Midget Mustang Project with the fuselage bones completed and the wings ready to close along with the plans. The dihedral is set, but the wing attach points still need the final ream to fit the bolts. Bolts are included. There is kit support from Mustang Aero. This particular one is to the plans. I paid $3200 for the project. I'd do $2500 if it goes with the engine below.

O-320 A2B conical. This is a first run engine with all accessories. The cylinders don't have too many hours. When I get home in a couple of days, I'll update and post pics. It will be sold as a core. $5500.

This is a good start to a plane that will go like stink. Life has changed my direction and my Cassutt will have to suffice for a while :) Both are stored in our dry climate at Richland, WA.

Jerry
5ohniner-7i3-three2niner1

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
I might be interested in the engine, tell me more... how many hours, why was it removed from whatever it was in, and was it pickled?

JDub

It is the single seat.

Dana, I am not at home until tomorrow, but I got it 3 or 4 years ago from a guy that pulled it slightly before TBO and installed an O-360 in his RV-4 if I remember correctly. He was in Sisters, Oregon. I don't believe it was pickled, but we are both in dry climates.

David Moxley

Log Member
I have a Midget Mustang Project with the fuselage bones completed and the wings ready to close along with the plans. The dihedral is set, but the wing attach points still need the final ream to fit the bolts. Bolts are included. There is kit support from Mustang Aero. This particular one is to the plans. I paid $3200 for the project. I'd do $2500 if it goes with the engine below.

O-320 A2B conical. This is a first run engine with all accessories. The cylinders don't have too many hours. When I get home in a couple of days, I'll update and post pics. It will be sold as a core. $5500.

This is a good start to a plane that will go like stink. Life has changed my direction and my Cassutt will have to suffice for a while :) Both are stored in our dry climate at Richland, WA.

Jerry
5ohniner-7i3-three2niner1

David Moxley

Log Member
Hello Jerry.
Im interested in your Ml project
If you could send me your phone number where I can reach you , I would like to talk to you about it .
Im not to far away from you , I’m in Hayden Idaho.
you can text me your number or call me at 559-906-0710
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks
David

JDub

I still have the engine. I took some pics this weekend and it is an O-320A first run conical. Apologies I couldn't remember all about it since it is in a friend's hangar. No mags, but it does have the fuel pump and carb, along with a brand new starter, alternator, filter adapter, and oil cooler still in boxes. It also has an oil sump heater installed. The last conditional was 2016 with 2081 hours total time on the engine. Last on an RV-4. The comps were 74,74,74, and 70. It was pulled for an O-360 install.

[email protected]

HBA Supporter
I still have the engine. I took some pics this weekend and it is an O-320A first run conical. Apologies I couldn't remember all about it since it is in a friend's hangar. No mags, but it does have the fuel pump and carb, along with a brand new starter, alternator, filter adapter, and oil cooler still in boxes. It also has an oil sump heater installed. The last conditional was 2016 with 2081 hours total time on the engine. Last on an RV-4. The comps were 74,74,74, and 70. It was pulled for an O-360 install.