Chinook WT 11 Wings

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Bluehair

Hello. I'm looking at a Chinook WT 11. It uses a sort of warp wing instead of ailerons. Replacement sails can't be found and no one wants to make a replacement. So, my thought is to rebuild the wing using new ribs and a flaperon.

Could I simply copy the rib system from another ultralight? I have plans for the CA-2 and the Affordaplane. The wings on the Affordaplane are much more like the wings on the Chinook. Then I could use aircraft fabric instead of a sail.

Your thoughts please!

Bill-Higdon

Hello. I'm looking at a Chinook WT 11. It uses a sort of warp wing instead of ailerons. Replacement sails can't be found and no one wants to make a replacement. So, my thought is to rebuild the wing using new ribs and a flaperon.

Could I simply copy the rib system from another ultralight? I have plans for the CA-2 and the Affordaplane. The wings on the Affordaplane are much more like the wings on the Chinook. Then I could use aircraft fabric instead of a sail.

Your thoughts please!
Have you asked Dick Cheney ( not the politician) at Great Salt Lake Sails 368 W. 200N. Kaysville, Utah 84037 1 (801) 544-5526

ToddK

Supporting Member
The warping wings is a pretty antiquated and largely disliked design. The 2nd version had ailerons and was incredibly strong. The 3rd version has flaperons and Is the current design.

I would order a new set of wings from the factory, or even make a wing rather then use the original wing.

Bluehair

I would like to make a new wing. The factory won't help you with these at all...