Chinese Delivery UAV with 12,000 lbs MTOW in Full Commerical Operation

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Tiger Tim

I’m impressed if the my really are doing it with radial engine tailwheel biplanes.

I know a couple years ago they were flirting with hauling cargo in a PAC 750-derived UAV. The technology is already there to do it in closed airspace, especially if you tow on and off the runway at either end of the trip.

qchen98

I’m impressed if the my really are doing it with radial engine tailwheel biplanes.

I know a couple years ago they were flirting with hauling cargo in a PAC 750-derived UAV. The technology is already there to do it in closed airspace, especially if you tow on and off the runway at either end of the trip.

1648695773101.png
1648695870924.png
1648695986484.png
Amphibious drones.
1648695895300.png
Delivery UAV with potential precise striking ability.

All of those drones seem to be using the same ground station system.

It make a lot of economical sense to use the same flight control system on older airframe rather than those newer drones.

Attachments

• 1648695742516.png
    1648695742516.png
    349 KB · Views: 7

Vigilant1

Supporting Member
Can't wait to see some 15 year old hacker in India or Pakistan to get their teeth into this. "1,000KG of goods has been stolen from a UAS delivery service in China, when the aircraft arrived at its destination ten minutes late and empty."
" On the empty floor was taped a note from Milo: 'What's good for M&M Enterprises is good for the country'"*

* https://www.cliffsnotes.com/literature/c/catch22/summary-and-analysis/chapter-41#:~:text=Milo%20has%20taken%20it%20all,the%20outside%20of%20Snowden's%20thigh.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member

qchen98

Now THAT frightens me. The AN-2 is potentially a cheap, disposable one-way trip for a large amount of some chemical or germ warfare agent.

1648706126370.png
Have you heard of the high altitude variant? A budget chemtrail dispersing platform that is capable of reaching FL370 without a jet engine. Crazy.

Riggerrob

A fleet of nine UAVs are now running delivery service in northwestern china.
View attachment 123992

View attachment 123995

View attachment 123996

View attachment 123994
Amusing how they replaced the expensive and arrogant pilot, but still need 6 ground crew to load it!
You can be sure that ground crew are barely paid minimum wage and work long hours.

When remotely-piloted courier drones start working in North America, you can be sure that they will be loaded by self-driving trucks that automatically back up to the airplane door and spew out their cargo. Automated strapping systems will secure cargo. The rpimary motivation will be reducing the number dents in airplanes casued by half-awake human drivers at "O Dark Thirty."

TFF

Autonomous drone or radio control? Radio control is pretty simple. If these things are landing by clicking a mouse, that’s a drone.

cblink.007

Supporting Member
Now THAT frightens me. The AN-2 is potentially a cheap, disposable one-way trip for a large amount of some chemical or germ warfare agent.
That is a shame; potentially throwing away a perfectly good airplane. Not sure if anyone else here has flown the An-2, but the Mrs and I both have during our military days...albeit with different militaries, but that is how we met (she was my instructor pilot in Estonia). Fun bird to fly. Antiquated, but simple. She has more An-2 time than I do V-22!

Vigilant1

Supporting Member
What makes this so exceptional as an UAV ?

View attachment 125751
Why are you saying it is exceptional?

The press is largely saying it is exceptional because (many in the press are saying) it is producing good results for Ukraine in their present fight. If true, there could be many reasons for that. I don't see anything especially noteworthy about the aircraft itself. Less capable in many respects than a 1995 vintage Predator (MQ-1).

Last edited: