Quantcast

Chilton DW1 plans?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

tdfsks

Nice job John. The VW looks OK to me ... great idea.

I have a set of the Roy Nerou drawings in my collection (no intent to built it). Two big rolls of prints. They are definitely worth the investment. The cost of acquiring legitimate plans is a small part of the overall project cost. I compared the copies you can find on the web to the paper plans and there is a lot missing.

VP1

Todd C.
HBA Supporter
The VW is a bit heavy for the Chilton but will do if necessary. The PERFECT engine IMO will be the Pegasus 0-100 once it’s ready. That’s what I’ll be putting on the nose of mine assuming it’s in production

VP1

Todd C.
HBA Supporter
I don’t see anything indicating it’s currently for sale. Did I miss an announcement?

davidjgall

I don’t see anything indicating it’s currently for sale. Did I miss an announcement?
No, I don't think there has been an "announcement." He had to take some time away from the project but is on track again. Call him. He admits to being "lazy" on the website, but as of last April 14 he had four kits available. He's made some nice changes to the design, too.

VP1

Todd C.
HBA Supporter
No, I don't think there has been an "announcement." He had to take some time away from the project but is on track again. Call him. He admits to being "lazy" on the website, but as of last April 14 he had four kits available. He's made some nice changes to the design, too.
Great to hear. I will call him, thanks