• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Chilton DW1 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1BA9A417-867E-4BCB-A3CE-7E2123C87F03.jpg74FB4F80-F5ED-4441-B4D1-D9479F91FB0C.jpg
Thought I’d start a build log for my Chilton. Today started at 0630 with a 1.5 hour drive to Aircraft Spruce. Picked up all the wood for the tail plus a little extra spruce for odds and ends.
Got home at 1100 and got started on the 1mm birch rib diaphragms for the tail. Ended up getting the webs for the vert and horiz stab done. This 1mm ply sure is nice to work with..feels like a big rc model.
Tomrrow I steam and bend the rib cap strips and start on the vert and horiz spars.

Thought about posting this in the projects but I don’t like the blocked comments.. plus the classic section could use a little more Chilton.

Back