Cheap plans for sale

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

BJC

HBA Supporter
Someone recently asked a question about the plans for sale at aircraft plans - Aircraft Plans

I visited the site out of curiosity, and was surprised to see a photo of a deceased friend's Aerosport Quail. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosport_Quail The Quail was designed by Harris Woods, and my friend demonstrated Harris' various airplanes at fly-ins in the SE, and he built a Quail that he flew for over 1,000 trouble-free hours.

Plans for the airplane are titled "Driggs Dart" which is 1920's era biplane. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driggs_Dart

I emailed the seller, and asked
The airplane you list as the Driggs Dart is an Aerosport Quail that was built by a deceased friend of mine.
Why the name change?
Did you purchase the rights from the Woods family?
Thank you.
The response was

Hi
its a completely differentaircraft, we used the quail picture as it was the closest to the the aircraftplan available
thanks
A few more email produced no more useful information about the ownership of the Quail plans. Draw your own conclusions. I would not do business with them.

BJC

TFF

All those plans are available "free" other places. Anyone buying them is getting scammed, no matter the copyright ramifications.

Aerowerx

I have noticed that a lot of the plans on these types of sites are available for free, if you look around a bit.

I also see he is selling Pietenpol plans. Aren't the rights still held by the family?

FritzW

Log Member
BJC,

You may have slayed the dragon. I tried to write him a nasty-gram but his website went offline before I could hit the send button.

EDIT: I guess his site is back up :dis:

I sent him the copyright notice off the Evans Aircraft (Volksplane) website. I doubt it'll do any good but you never know...

Last edited:
Reactions: BJC

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Someone recently asked a question about the plans for sale at aircraft plans - Aircraft Plans

I visited the site out of curiosity, and was surprised to see a photo of a deceased friend's Aerosport Quail. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosport_Quail The Quail was designed by Harris Woods, and my friend demonstrated Harris' various airplanes at fly-ins in the SE, and he built a Quail that he flew for over 1,000 trouble-free hours.

Plans for the airplane are titled "Driggs Dart" which is 1920's era biplane. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driggs_Dart
Like his use of the FlyBaby picture for the UltraBaby.

Reactions: BJC
M

Manticore

He misspells a lot of words and names. Intentional? Or the seller is a moron with a computer?
I think you mean "idiot".

Wikipedia says: "Moron" was coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard from the Ancient Greek word μωρός (moros), which meant "dull" (as opposed to oxy, which meant "sharp" (see also: oxymoron)), and used to describe a person with a mental age in adulthood of between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale. It was once applied to people with an IQ of 51–70, being superior in one degree to "imbecile" (IQ of 26–50) and superior in two degrees to "idiot" (IQ of 0–25).

BJC

HBA Supporter
He may be a moron, he may be an idiot. He definitely is trying to sell something that is not his to sell, and he is intentionally misleading potential customers.

Where I grew up, people who do that are called a liar and a thief.

BJC

M

Manticore

He may be a moron, he may be an idiot. He definitely is trying to sell something that is not his to sell, and he is intentionally misleading potential customers.

Where I grew up, people who do that are called a liar and a thief.

BJC
Where I grew up, people like that are generally called politicians.