• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Airplane For Sale Cheap Luscombe Airframe Project

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Turd Ferguson

That round firewall looks prime for a Verner too.
That would be great to have something in the 100hp range turning ~2000 rpm ! !
There was at least one (maybe 2) Model 8A's that were retrofitted with a Ken Royce radial. The last time I saw N45707 (below) would have been in the mid '90's (have a snapshot pic somewhere) so not sure of it's status today but since they were originally designed for a radial engine, it's no wonder they look good in that config ! !
kenroyce.jpg

Ctyankee

45707 was sold in the last year to a new owner. There is at least one Verner powered clip wing project in the works right now.

Kyle Boatright

That would be great to have something in the 100hp range turning ~2000 rpm ! !
There was at least one (maybe 2) Model 8A's that were retrofitted with a Ken Royce radial. The last time I saw N45707 (below) would have been in the mid '90's (have a snapshot pic somewhere) so not sure of it's status today but since they were originally designed for a radial engine, it's no wonder they look good in that config ! !
View attachment 117107
One of those lives near me. I was flying back from Aircraft Spruce one day and it was 500' below me on a parallel course. "Look! A Luscombe. Wait a minute, it's got a round engine." It took a little internet sleuthing to firm up the fact that I hadn't seen a mirage.

Pops

Log Member
The Luscombe does a great job with the little C-65 engine. Same for the T-Craft. But for some reason, everytime I fly a Luscombe I keep thinking, "this is just like driving a Model A Ford car ". Not so with the T-Craft.