• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Challenger 2 flights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Dingus

Has anyone had a Challenger 2 long wing aircraft, that would constantly climb, unless you held the elevator in an aggressive down angle. by this i mean i could not trim this aircraft for level flight, at all. changing the flaperons did nothing to trim out the airplane. all of the angles n the tail plane and wings are factory set so, not sure what is going on.
i am getting ready to make another flight after setting all flight surfaces to zero. This has the 65 HP Hirth 2706 engine on it, and CG is at 88 inches (range is 80 to 90 inches) so i am toward the back end of the CG range. 1994 orignal shark nose version not the rounded nose cone style.

Robert

Back