• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

CH701 AVEX rivets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwalton

Supporting Member
Hello fellow tin men. I was just looking at the assembly instructions for my 701 rudder starter kit and discovered that ZENITH calls for a special head for the rivet puller and that the rivets are countersinks and the special head shapes them into domed heads, I guess I had missed this before. I have searched around the forum and their site and I can't find much about this. Is this a common practice or something that Mr. Heintz came up with? Should I use another kind of rivet Cherry N and just use the puller that I have? I love the plane and the construction method, I just feel this is a little funky? If you wanted domed rivets why not use them to begin with. Anyways just looking to see if anybody else had an issue with this, I'm new at this building thing.
Thanks
Walt
STOL 701 builder

Back