• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ceramic Coating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarylP

Hi all...hope you all had a great Holiday!

Years ago when I built up an ultralight I owned I wanted to make my muffler look better and after some research I sent it off to a company, (I for the life of me cannot remember the name) and had it ceramic coated. It was supposed to make the muffler (from a 582 Rotax) last longer.

I know that there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum and wanted to see what you all could offer in the way of information on coatings like these. How does a coating like that work? Is it reflecting heat, or what? What does a coating (mine was inside and out) do as far as cooling? I know that some of you will have some info or links and I would appreciate anything you could offer. No specific application yet.

Back