Celara again

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Bill-Higdon

Tiger Tim

Hydrogen fuel cell? Is it going electric?

Also the article spells the plane’s name wrong at least once.

JMyers1

There should be a museum somewhere with failed aviation projects, Bede supersonic jet, Raptor, this flying <censored>, Adams twin. I'd pay to see it, they are always very cool ideas that someone, despite the laws of physics or economics or both dictating won't work, went ahead and tried to make it anyways. In an odd way a very American museum! If it doesn't fit, force it.

Reactions: BJC

raytol

Supporting Member
There should be a museum somewhere with failed aviation projects, Bede supersonic jet, Raptor, this flying <censored>, Adams twin. I'd pay to see it, they are always very cool ideas that someone, despite the laws of physics or economics or both dictating won't work, went ahead and tried to make it anyways. In an odd way a very American museum! If it doesn't fit, force it.
JMyers1,
I think this is a great idea. Look through Kitplanes Kit Directories from the past. There is a lot of them. Popular Mechancs as well.

raytol

Supporting Member
I have Kitplanes magazines back to when they were called Homebuilt Aircraft. I will pull them out and start compiling a list.
Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Dillpickle

Like - most almost all - crypto.
There may be some utility in the future once all of the 'get rich quick' dreamers loose enough.
Down 40% on mine. Still have enough to buy a Happy Meal. :cool:

Maybe we need to create a whole new crypto that must be used to finance these kind of projects?
Ponzi schemes don't work without the early investors getting PAID. It's the fools that follow that get reamed. The Feds backing our dollar with their good faith isn't much better....

PMD

I just happen to have once bumped into a project where a large..uh...COMPANY thought they could build a very high altitude unmanned aircraft that was to use H2 fuel cells. When they sat down to do the hard numbers, they realized the energy it would take a very high altitudes to cool the fuel cells was as much as it took to fly the darned thing. The obvious answer was to simply use the H2 as a fuel source for recip power plants, My takeaway, though, was that the seem to have some pretty decent technology for generating and storing hydrogen, and THAT my friends could be a very good thing.

Another vote for the museum of failed ventures and paper airplanes.