Cda and Design programs

Discussion in 'Aircraft Design / Aerodynamics / New Technology' started by HeliDev, Jul 13, 2003.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jul 13, 2003 #1

HeliDev

HeliDev

HeliDev

Just wondering what programs people are using for the design process.
    I have downloaded the trial version of aircraft PDQ from Da Vinci Technologies, thanx orion, and Im very impressed. (Once I can use it properly Im sure Ill be more impressed:D ).
    I also have a demo of Rhino 3D, and a copy of design foil. All of these programs are very user friendly and have made life alot easier for me. I would love a CFD program but dont have the cash required.
    Any others that people would recomend.

2. Jul 13, 2003 #2

orion

orion

orion

You're welcome - I hope it works out for you.

However, keep in mind that the only useful design tool is experience. These software codes are good for giving you an idea of the general design priciples for what you are trying to achieve. They cannot take you by the hand and tell you whether what you are trying to do is good or not.

Before you commit to building, get professional help. Yes, it may be a bit pricey to do that but as I was told a while back: Aviation is expensive - get over it. :shock:

3. Jul 14, 2003 #3

HeliDev

HeliDev

HeliDev

Yeh I dont have that much of a death wish. Some of the certified aircraft are dangerous enough without me trying to fly an improperly designed one.
    At this stage it is just working out ideas and building some smaleer scale stuff and seeing whether what Ive got is worth pursueing. If I think Ive got something decent Ill save for a professional.:D
    (if Im lucky I might even be able to afford you orion :D )