• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

CATIA Nightmare - keeps crashing when rendering - HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floydr92

Hi all, i have an assignment due a few hours ago :eek: to design a drone in CATIA V5. I designed one which took me a few weeks, was very happy with it but after adding every screw and wire it became quite a large file and bogged down my computer. numerous attempts at rendering it and it wont work...keeps crashing saying 'runtime error, click to terminate'

So lastnight i started from scratch. used some assemblies from the previous one but kept everything simple and within specification so i can pass, not exceedingly well but atleast a pass. it's about half the size of file and it still wont render.

Each sub-assembly will render fine on its own, put them all together and it crashes. Sometimes all seems good and then it tells me it cant open a sticker file and i should check file type. but it's a different sticker file it cant open each time.

Anyway, my laptop is an old heap of junk so it's struggling and will continue to struggle.

Could anyone with Catia and a decent PC please run a render for me? If you could PM your email i'll send across a zip file of the drone. Failing any response here i'll wait till the uni opens today (I've been up all night) and take a drive in to use a lab computer.

Back