• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Everybody!

I hope you're all doing well. Here is another super resourceful Quick Reference document from my Grandfather Tom Cassutt's aircraft design archives that he consistently used and referred back to during his lifetime as a pilot, aircraft designer, and builder. I always remembered Tom having these small notebooks that fit in his shirt pocket and he'd always be writing in them and have them with him. I never knew nor asked what they were however I always knew they were extremely important, so now when I go through his archives and see these notebooks of compiled formulas, I realize that's those little notebooks he always had with him.

This specific section of Cassutt's Compilation of Useful Formulas is specific to Plane & Spherical Trigonometry as well as Goniometry. I attached a PDF below. I hope this will be helpful for your own archives and will be something you'll come also use as a resourceful quick reference document.

Anyways, more to come.
Happy Designing!

-Justin Lemon
Cassutt Aviation Museum & Library

Attachments

• Cassutts Development Useful Formulas_Plane & Spherical Trigonometry_Goniometry_1-16_1938.pdf
    9.4 MB · Views: 28
Back