Cascade Ultralights Kasperwing

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Fred58

Looking for comple manuals I downloaded the ones I've found but the bolt charts seems to be short or only the 1st page 0 Thru 41 is all I see on the print out thanks

Fred58

Need help purchased kasperwing with manuals. Manuals where lost by people moving the kasperwing have found some still need a complete assembly manual ( specifically the bolt chart)

rickofudall

I was Cascade Ultralight's second employee and had one for a few years. I can't help you with the bolt chart but can offer a couple of pieces of advice. Steve's idea of "V" stability was total BS. Take some of the dihedral out of the wing. 3 or 4 degrees is good. 7 is ridiculous. Never, NEVER ever try to take off with any kind of crosswind. Not unless you want to make a new wing tip rudder. Try to find an original Zenoah G 25 for it unless you have the fiberglass pod. Any engine heavier will make it very hard to get the CG right. With these limitations it is a wonderful aircraft to fly. I taught my son to fly it in one day. He started the day learning to taxi it and at the end of the day made a short cross country from Arlington to the Island Crossing off ramp on I-5 and back. I lost the engine one day when the fuel valve vibrated to the off position. I landed in a very muddy farm field and had to pull it over to a semi-soild tractor road. I had to run it off! Lost a shoe in the mud but got airborne and back to the ultralight field. Even though it would be completely impractical in Kansas, where I live now, I still regret selling it. It was just a joy to fly and at 190 lb. empty was a true ultralight.

Rick