Quantcast

Cascade Ultralights Kasperwing

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Highflight

henryk

A beautiful machine!
Unfortunately I have read that the pilot was killed taxi/flight testing the plane.
I also read that the builder had installed a canard, that would indicate to me that there were pitch problems with the design.
=tapered wing is in controversy to KASPERwings idea...

(SWIFT LIGHT have only little tapered wings!)

Highflight

=tapered wing is in controversy to KASPERwings idea...

(SWIFT LIGHT have only little tapered wings!)

Witold Kasper told Steve Grossruck, "a little taper is okay", Kasper never defined how much taper is a "little". Note that Steve's personal Kasperwing ultralight had both taper and smaller swallowtail stabilizers than the production Kasperwing U/L. Steve reported that the changes allowed his plane to have a faster turn rate than production models. The consensus of local KW owners is that the KW U/L turn radius is excellent and tapering the wing adds complexity and reduces wing area.

YouTube - High Tide 2:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN2rdlbxEj8

henryk

Witold Kasper told Steve Grossruck, "a little taper is okay", Kasper never defined how much taper is a "little". Note that Steve's personal Kasperwing ultralight had both taper and smaller swallowtail stabilizers than the production Kasperwing U/L. Steve reported that the changes allowed his plane to have a faster turn rate than production models. The consensus of local KW owners is that the KW U/L turn radius is excellent and tapering the wing adds complexity and reduces wing area.

YouTube - High Tide 2:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN2rdlbxEj8
-YES!
but rudder "amplifiers" can help in turbulent weather...

^C5021599A3F44AFBCF25718ECF2783DAAC6EB66D75385AE4F9^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Highflight

MZ202 engine (63 HP,38 kg) for 2-place KASPERWING,
with possibility of hang gliders towing...

http://annunci.ultraleggero.it/annuncio/motore-mz202/foto/media-risoluzione/nd/mz202-1.jpg
Henryk,
We have the MZ202 (626 cc) in two of our Kasperwing 180-B aircraft, one is free air cooled the other is fan cooled, they perform very well. The engine manufacturer Compact Radial Engines was located in British Columbia, Canada, the company was recently sold to a Chinese buyer, I do not know if the engine is still in available.
The two place Kasperwings were fitted with Rotax 532, I think the liquid cooled Rotax 582 would be a good choice for a two place KW.

henryk

Henryk,
We have the MZ202 (626 cc) in two of our Kasperwing 180-B aircraft, one is free air cooled the other is fan cooled, they perform very well. The engine manufacturer Compact Radial Engines was located in British Columbia, Canada, the company was recently sold to a Chinese buyer, I do not know if the engine is still in available.
The two place Kasperwings were fitted with Rotax 532, I think the liquid cooled Rotax 582 would be a good choice for a two place KW.
-the thrust force on MZ202 ?

Highflight

Henyrk,

The MZ 202 produced slightly more than the Rotax 503. Both of our MZ 202 engines have belt drives, we have found that the pulleys are inadequate to
handle the power of the engine and are prone to slippage at higher power settings, I would strongly advise against the using the belt drive option on a MZ 202. A larger belt system as used on the Hirth engine would solve the slipping, I do not know if the output shafts are compatible.

henryk

Henyrk,

The MZ 202 produced slightly more than the Rotax 503. Both of our MZ 202 engines have belt drives, we have found that the pulleys are inadequate to
handle the power of the engine and are prone to slippage at higher power settings, I would strongly advise against the using the belt drive option on a MZ 202. A larger belt system as used on the Hirth engine would solve the slipping, I do not know if the output shafts are compatible.
-in "auer" MZ202 gearbox with hole (for towing line)...

-auer muffler is bad "doctored" (for aircraft compartment),we need to made as orginal.

-du You have a picters of K-W with MZ202 ?

Highflight

=2-pilots ? (the frame seems wider,as normal...)
Henyrk,

We use only one carb on our MZ-202 engines, we have plenty of power with just one.
The KW in the picture is standard width, same as all the others we own.
All of our KWs are single seat, we have no two seat KWs, we do not plan to build a two seat model because it would require FAA (government) registration.

henryk

Henyrk,

We use only one carb on our MZ-202 engines, we have plenty of power with just one.
The KW in the picture is standard width, same as all the others we own.
All of our KWs are single seat, we have no two seat KWs, we do not plan to build a two seat model because it would require FAA (government) registration.
=2-place for "normal",old pilots training!

http://www.samolotypolskie.pl/uploads/Products/product_14422/Kasperwing_Sosnowiec_021.jpg

-the first attemt...to big wingtips inertia,
we must rebuild rear spar (52x1 mm)
and made lighter rudders complex !

^F3C961EA56E16A4EED0CD4B131658B032F1B5984EF1B25E599^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
^2065CD5C0F86B0B456F828D19B4FB30E8541D70877149BB08D^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Kasperwing/photos/photostream/lightbox/1631081480?orderBy=mtime&sortOrder=desc&photoFilter=ALL#zax/430686023

Last edited: