• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Carburetion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Kidd

Carburetors as a whole for aero-conversion Type 1 or 4 VW air-cooled engines are set up below the engine as updraft carburetors. Some such as the Zeniths are side draft modified to work as an updraft while others from Aerovee and Revmaster are updraft carburetors. We are not discussing of the merits or disadvantages of fuel injection so this is a non-issue.
Instead, what I would like to gain is the actual merits or attributes of one of the commonly used carburetors vs. others. FWIW I am gradually acquiring the needed parts to build a Type 1 Stoker engine with a bore of at least 90.5 but possibly of 88. Would anyone have some useful or helpful feedback or recommendations to offer me here? The build will be a single seated within the LSA perimeters.

JK

Back