• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Carburation on overrun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basil

Supporting Member
I have a Hirth F23 in my microlight. It runs well at throttle openings above about 1/4 and idles OK on the ground at about 1800 rpm. However when descending with the propeller being driven by the air stream and small throttle openings on cylinder cuts out. This is detectable from the low exhaust gas and cylinder head temps on one side.
My question is, at a throttle opening that would run satisfactorily at 1800 rpm on the ground but with the engine turning at 3200 rpm in the air, is the mixture weaker or richer due to the increased revs.

Back