• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Carbon Fiber Tubing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazycanuck

Does anybody have any experience with this carbon fiber tubing sold by Aircraft Spruce?

CARBON FIBER TUBING from Aircraft Spruce

I am building a Cozy and have been looking at this tubing for two applications in the Cozy. First, I was thinking of substituting the aluminum aileron torque tubes with carbon fiber tubing. Second, I was thinking about building my rudder pedals out of composites instead of chromemoly. I would used the carbon tubing to transfer the torque between the right and left rudder/brake peddles. I am just wondering if anybody else out there has applied this material to an actual flying aircraft. What kind of torque can these tubes handle reliably? What are the “you will poke your eye out” concerns?

Back